Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Right Now | April

  • Right now... is full.
  • Right now... there are coffee stains on my counter I should wipe up.
  • Right now... there are more projects half done than projects complete.
  • Right now... Mom and Dad Blue have had the kids for two night and they will be home any minute and I'm super excited to have snuggle time with each of the kids.
  • Right now... our completed taxes are sitting on the kitchen table awaiting signatures.
  • Right now... my stack of papers to fold or cut is huge. I could probably justify watching more than one something online.
  • Right now... the sun is shining and there are flowers starting to bloom and add color to our life.
  • Right now... Little is limping everywhere and it makes me sad, knowing the vet says there isn't anything we can do for her.

  • Right now... Daniel is learning on a skateboard a friend is loaning him.
  • Right now... I'm excited to start a family devotional book called Sticky Situations with the kids.
  • Right now... I'm pinning lots of fun family game night activities for our church Family Game Night.
  • Right now... I'm thinking a bit about next Fall and the fact the kids will likely have to go to a new school because of re-zoning.

  • Right now... we're working on filming some video clips for the Easter Kids' program and I'm thinking about how thankful I am for a brother who has lots of equipment that he's allowing us to use.
  • Right now... designing is on the bottom of a very long list of things I'd like to do "when I have time".
  • Right now... I'm thinking a lot about the the movies Noah and God's Not Dead. Wondering if we should go see either one. Not really loving all the public talk about them, but knowing the private talks are far more valuable to me.
  • Right now... I'm thinking about the blessing of fullness.


Saturday, March 22, 2014

Welcome Weekend | Blueberry Scones

My whole life Sundays have been set aside for church. We were that family that could have closed the church doors behind us. We grew up in Haiti and attended an English-speaking church that ministered to mostly families who were in full-time Christian missionary service. Sundays was about fellowship. And my mom was a "fellowshiper". So in this super busy season for our little family and we are among the last ones out of the church on Sunday, it's okay. I still love the weekends. And I still love Sundays.

Saturdays, however, are my favorite because it's usually our slowest day of the week. Our kids are real home-bodies, like their mom and dad, so we try to stay home on Saturdays whenever humanly possible. Mercy and Gracie play or craft together. Daniel plays with his Legos. Eric works on chores outside when it's not raining. And well, sometimes I bake something yummy, just because.

We're home today and I decided to make scones. I've never made them. Ever. And there were some blueberries calling my name from the freezer. So, I gave it a go.

Now I am going to shock some of you and admit that I do not remember ever eating a scone before.

Yes, one who frequents Starbucks doesn't recall ever having a scone. So I'm not sure how they are supposed to taste. But...

These were delish!

I used this recipe. And I didn't have any heavy cream, so I just used 2% milk. Oh my! The lemon glaze put this treat over the top.

So go enjoy your Saturday. And if you like sweet treats, make yourself some of these. But plan to have to workout extra long, because you might just eat more than you should!


Thursday, March 13, 2014

Digital Freebie | Document This Mini Kit

It's been a while since I have posted any freebies. I think it mostly has to do with the fact that I am not doing Project Life digitally this year. So I've been spending a little less time on the computer and a whole lot less time designing in general. But lately I have been feeling inspired and so I thought I would put together some cards that I have been working on for you. I hope you find something you like and more importantly, something you can use. I have been using the Just Add Color Kit, so I'm loving the 4x4 square cards. Not as many freebies of those floating around as the 3x4's. So I included a few of those.

Download Document This Mini Kit HERE.



Thursday, March 6, 2014

Happy 40 Sweet Man

Happy 40 Sweet Man of mine.

I am married to a good man, a very good man. He loves me, which makes him pretty special, because I can be quite challenging. Not only does he love me, but he's a good provider. He gets up at five every morning, leaving the house by six, driving the van pool to work. And he doesn't complain. He does mention sometimes that he wishes he wasn't getting up alone.

So we started his big birthday out by all getting up far too early (5:30 isn't so pretty) and celebrating with old-fashioned donuts with Daddy.

We love you, Sweet Man.


Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Project Life | Week 08

I was pretty certain Week 8 was going to be a bust. I didn't take a single picture all week. It just happened that way. But I really lucked out. A sweet friend of mine is a photographer and she was at church on Sunday and took photos of the kids' program we work with as a family. So I just decided to blow up some of the photos she took and I loved how it turned out. Not a lot of explaining needed here.

This week reminded me that if I fall behind on Project Life the biggest danger is that I just don't take photos for a week. Good motivation to keep caught up!