Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Asking Jesus Into His Heart

My Gracie had chicken pox, resulting in a lot of time home alone with my kids. On week two I was missing out on one my little escape, Ladies' Bible Study. I was cleaning the kitchen (one of my least favorite things to do, but very rewarding to look at when it's done). Daniel, still in his pajamas came into the dining room.

"Mommy, I gotta tell you something."

Half-listening, "What honey?"

"I asked Jesus into my heart."

"What? You did what?"

"I asked Jesus into my heart."

Of course I started to pummel him with questions. Did you do this with Grandma Grete last night? "No." Did you do this by yourself? "Yes." Do you remember when? "A long time ago. I just prayed in my bed and he came into my heart."

I never knew how that moment would feel as a mom. It was amazing. I can hardly wait for it to happen with Mercy and Gracie, too.

It wasn't until the following week that I was able to share what happened with my brother, Andy. Moved by the act of his three-year-old nephew, my 36-year-old brother rededicated his life to Christ Thanksgiving morning. He shared with his mom first, just like Daniel.

I love being Daniel's mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment