Friday, December 5, 2008

Felt Cupcakes Project






My daughter Mercy loves her cooking stuff. She plays for hours with her plates, tea cups, and plastic food. The little plastic food can be rather small. With Gracie in the picture I got to thinking I might like to replace some of those plastic pieces with felt food. So, I started looking. Found adorable felt cupcakes at the Pottery Barn for Kids website. All sold out. A little more web surfing and decided to be brave and try my hand at making them. Found a pattern online. My first attempt wasn't successful. They were too small. They looked more like little chocolate candies. Doubled the pattern measurements and the chocolate cupcake looked like an exploding mushroom! So, I decided to make my own pattern. They turned out pretty well. Now I'm on to making other food items.

cami



No comments:

Post a Comment