Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Year's Resolution - Organize, Organize, Organize

We've come to the start of another year. Every year my goals are the same, a list of things I want to accomplish that is too long to be realistic and too vague to offer encouragement from little steps of progress. I want this year to be different, but realize that I still want the same things.

I have a subscription to Real Simple, the most elegant magazine whose clean design lines make my insides feel calm and restful, even as I read it in my bedroom, which is the most cluttered room in the house. (The garage is much worse, but that doesn't count because I don't have any jurisdiction out there.) So, if you haven't guessed, my resolution every year is to get more organized, to simplify, and yes, label everything, even my underwear drawer because it makes me feel more calm and restful!

How do I get there with three kids and a plethora of stuff? How do I get there with a husband who is more wonderful than Wonder bread (and I do LOVE Wonder bread), but who keeps every piece of string and every computer monitor he every owned, whether or not it still functions? How do I get there with a closet full of my "project" supplies? (I'd like to be mentored by the person who is able to buy only the exact number of felt squares to complete a specific project?)

So what is going to make this year different? I have a crazy idea. I need to be really vulnerable (read humiliated). I'll create my own little BEFORE and AFTER project. I'll post my BEFORE pictures so that I am forced to complete my project so that I can post AFTER pictures.

So, these pictures are intended to do two things:

1.) Make you feel a whole lot better about your cluttered closet, since at least it's not THAT bad;
2.) Force me to keep my New Year's Resolution to get more organized and simplify!






No comments:

Post a Comment