Saturday, October 24, 2009

Mercy's Third Birthday


I am one of those scrappers who essentially wished she could scrap all her pictures. A crazy idea, I know, especially when we got the Nikon D60 just before Gracie was born and we started taking a zillion pictures. I've settled for a slightly more realistic, but still difficult chore of going through all the pictures I've taken to be sure I don't miss any significant events.

I'm working through August 2009. (Don't read that to mean everything is caught up before August, that's just the month I've picked to work on.) I'd put off Mercy's birthday because there were just so many pictures. I didn't want to take half a dozen pages to recount one day and was unsure how to get a lot of photos on one page without looking utterly chaotic.

One of my favorite blogs (A Bushel and a Peck) led me to a spot I hadn't been before (UPPERCASE) where I saw an invitation for a reception for Lisa Brawn's woodcut exhibit. Thank you to Lisa Brawn for the inspiration that keeps with my desperate need for clean crisp lines, but allows me to fit close to a zillion photos on one 12" x 12" scrapbook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment