Monday, December 7, 2009

A Well Stocked Medicine Cabinet


After being held up in the house sick with nasty colds, complete with sore throats, coughing, runny noses, stuffed up noses, and achy bodies we used up all the decongestant we had on hand. Time to take inventory of the medicine cabinet and restock before another round of yuckies joins us this holiday season.

I went online to find a checklist (because I love lists). After looking at several really long lists that included things that I might need once in five to ten years I came across a great, realistic list of necessities here at Real Simple (which happens to be the only magazine I subscribe to). I love it! The only thing that it lacked, because I have both infants and children, were the essential for them, but that was easy to add.

So go check your medicine cabinet and make sure you have these things on hand, unless you like to run to Haggen in the middle of the night when you can't breath and you are aching from head to toe (our you have enough power over you spouse to get them to do it for you). Oh, and don't forget the tissue, the kind WITH lotion. Stash an emergency box, unless you think it's cute to have Rudolf in the house for the holidays!!!

I'm off to de-germify our house. Laundry. Laundry. And more laundry. And lots and lots of clorox wipes. I guess I'm going to need to add laundry detergent and clorox wipes to my Costco list by the time I'm done today.

2 comments:

  1. Thank You! I, too have in the past tried to find a list and only found the big long ones. This one is great. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome. Can't stand the ones that expect you to have a whole drug store!! I already have tons of medicines it seems I have to toss because they expire before I need them.

    But stay healthy, Alisha!

    ReplyDelete