Saturday, January 9, 2010

Friday Night Game Night

I grew up loving Friday night. There was never anything like it. We usually had make your own pita bread pizzas or tacos and watched sitcoms on TV. Homework could wait. It was such a good feeling.


I still love Friday nights. I want my kids to love them too. Anticipation is such a great thing. But when homework isn't an issue yet you have to be more intentional about making Friday special.

Our answer? Family Game Night.

So yesterday I was intentional about planning a fun evening for my husband and kids. Here is what we did:
1.) Started out with Wii Sports, played with Daddy while Mommy fixed dinner;
2.) We had yummy tacos, fixed any way they wanted to eat, no forced veggies tonight;
3.) Then we had a modified scavenger hunt, preschooler style;
4.) Pajamas time, because they were exhausted from running, running, running;
5.) Followed up by a vintage board game from when Daddy was their age;
6.) Bedtime stories, they each got to pick one, instead of just one story;
7.) Mommy and Daddy still had a long evening to enjoy because the kids were in bed by 7:15!




No comments:

Post a Comment