Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Mercy Asks Jesus Into Her Heart

It happened yesterday. It happened over an afternoon snack at the table - Chocolate Zucchini Bread. Daniel, Mercy, and I were having a conversation about Heaven, initiated by Daniel. He reminded me that he would get to go there because he has Jesus in his heart. "Me, too," Mercy piped up. I sat down at the table, gently explaining what it meant to ask Jesus into heart. It wasn't the first time we've talked about it. We prayed together after she said she wanted Him in her heart, too.

When we were done she asked, "Do I get to have a birthday party like Daniel?" (Daniel celebrated his one year spiritual birthday last November and we had cake. Mercy remembers it well.)

Some might hesitate to give a lot of merit to a decision made so young (Mercy is three and a half). Motivations aren't as complicated as they are when we are older, I suppose. But that's how old I was when I asked Jesus into my heart, and He is still there today, more than 33 years later.

God is so good!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear this. Mercy, might you grow and grow in your love for Jesus. He loves you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Ginger. Since you had that Saturday when you invited us to pray more intentional for our kids (I couldn't attend the meeting, but took the message to heart) I have been praying more intentional for Mercy to grow to love Jesus with all her heart.

    Thank you, Ginger!

    ReplyDelete