Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Auntie Annie's Pretzels

Okay, one of my favorite things in the whole wide world is Auntie Anne's Pretzels. Cinnamon sugar and butter... yummy goodness. With three kids five and under I don't meander through the mall that often, so I rarely get to indulge. So, imagine my delight when I stumbled upon this recipe! I was surprised how easy it was. I did wish for some step by step pictures. So, here are mine:

Mix up the dough and let it rise at least 30 minutes. I didn't even knead it, just used the heavy mixer with the dough hook.
The next step requires as much counter space as you can possibly manage. Good excuse to clean off the counters. The longer and skinnier you can make them, the more like Auntie Anne's they will be...
I have a couple of girlies who like to "help". So my preschooler tip is: pull out some Play-doh and let them roll out their own pretzels. It keep their sticky fingers out of the real dough.
Here are my imperfect pretzels, but who cares because they get devoured so quickly. They are not as large as Auntie Anne's, but less Weight Watcher points too. I calculated 5 POINTS if I get ten pretzels out of the batch.
Hot out of the oven. Then you dip in melted butter and top with coarse salt, or my favorite, cinnamon sugar!

Yummy!!!

*If you have enough will power to not eat them straight out of he oven they can be reheated in the microwave (about 20 seconds at the most).

2 comments:

  1. I've never been a big fan of the cinnamon sugar pretzel, but salt? Oh yes!! Those look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend of ours from church is Auntie Annie's (yes, she's a real person) nephew! She came and spoke at our church and is an amazing Christian woman who truly loves the Lord. Yet another reason to love Auntie Annie. :)

    ReplyDelete