Monday, March 22, 2010




What we love says a lot about who we are. Lately I have been thinking a lot about what I love and wondering if I love what my loves say about who I am.



Instrumental Music.
The kind that makes you want to close your eyes. The kind that makes me wish I had enough discipline to learn to play an instrument, because then I could say things that I cannot say now.

My favorites are this and this.

Jeans.
The pair you wake up, grab off the back of the bedroom chair, and instinctually pull on. They make you feel like you.

Soda.
Diet Dr. Pepper. Ice cold Pepsi. My guilty pleasure.

Full Episodes Online.
House, MD. Bones. More guilty pleasures.


Libraries.
Placing holds online and lugging out a stack of books heavier than my youngest child. No membership fees. No late fees. Just hours of cuddle time (because all three of my kids still want to sit on my lap).

Some Items We Currently Have Checked Out...
Ten, Nine, Eight, by Molly Bang
Mr. Gumpy's Outing, by John Burningham
Jamberry, by Bruce Degen
Eating the Alphabet, by Louis Ehlert
The Everything Book, by Denise Fleming
Lunch, by Denise Fleming
Where's Spot?, by Eric Hill
Harold and the Purple Crayon, by Crockett Johnson
Jump, Frog, Jump!, by Robert Kalan
Froggy Gets Dressed, by Jonathan London
Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, by Bill Martin Jr.
Monk: Season Four DVD
Organizing for Your Brain Type, lanna, Nakone


Items We are Patiently Waiting to Check Out...
My Very First Mother Goose
Miss Nelson is Missing, by Harry Allard
Mike Mulligan and his Steam Shovel, by Virginia Lee Burton
Millions of Cats, by Wanda Gag
If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, by Laura Numeroff
Thunder Cake, by Patricia Polacco
Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good Very Bad Day, by Judith Viorst
Owl Babies, by Martin Waddell
Noisy Nora, by Rosemary Wells
Harry the Dirty Dog, by Gene Zion
Monk: Season Five DVD

Good Design.
Beautiful blogs. Like this. And this. And this.


Art and Artists that Make me Feel Something.
Like her. And this. And especially this.


Lists.
Lists of lists, too.


What do you love?

1 comment: