Thursday, April 8, 2010

Hamburgers for Dinner


If it's been a rough day, I want either hamburgers or pizza. I think that makes me more American than I am. To me there is something comforting about those foods, even if I have to make them and it isn't take-out. Today wasn't a bad day, but it's going to be a quick evening, because I have a meeting to be at by 6:30... so burgers tonight.

I had Miss Mercy help me. We got Daddy this really cool BBQ accessory. It works perfectly for flattening out ground meat. I put the meat between two pieces of plastic wrap so that Mercy could help without getting any raw meat on her hands. She loved helping. I'm trying to be better at teaching her things in the kitchen by explaining things as she works alongside of me.

What are you cooking for dinner tonight?

2 comments:

  1. I love the new look of your blog! It looks great! Hamburgers sound yummy. I don't exactly know what we are having yet. I have steak thawing and we have produce that needs to be eaten so, I'll be creating something with that. Enjoy your burgers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I've been trying to figure out how to customize a blog. I spent way too much time in the middle of the night last night learning relatively little. But I have been having fun.

    We have a DGL meeting tonight, so I'm doing up the burgers ahead and just warming the patties up when Eric gets home. Otherwise dinner seems too rushed.

    Steak sounds good!!

    ReplyDelete