Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Sick Baby Girl


I have had a sick baby girl. Gracie has been running a low grade fever for nearly two weeks and she has been wickedly cranky. I've told myself that she just isn't herself, not really wanting to think she was going through the terrible twos already.

Monday afternoon her temperature spiked to nearly 103 degrees. Tuesday I had MOPS. Because I'm a Discussion Group Leader I asked up my parents to come over and watch Gracie while I took the older two with me. Of course they agreed and dropped everything to spend the morning with Gracie. When I got home Gracie was asleep on Papa Cook. They looked precious. But Dad informed me she was burning up.

I immediately called her pediatrician's office and got her in. Sure enough, he took one look at her throat and said, "Oh, that's the problem." She has a bad sore throat. He said it's viral, the only thing to do is to wait it out and try and make her as comfortable as possible, while keeping her hydrated. So we headed to Haggens for popsicles. She and I have had more cuddle time in the past 24 hours than we've had in the last couple of weeks. Very good for us. There is nothing like a sick baby to make you evaluate what is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment