Monday, April 19, 2010

Sunshiny Day

On the way home in the car from church yesterday I just knew it was a day to take the kids to practice riding their bikes. There is no better place in the whole state to learn than Warm Beach Camp. I learned there. I'm pretty sure Eric learned there too. Now it's our kids' turn.

Eric is the patient one and he assisted Mercy. She's fearless and determined. She pedals with a furry. I just love how our personalities come out in everything we do. She took two pretty major tumbles. With the first there were tears (and wailing), but she was soothed by the promise of Hello Kitty Band-Aids when we got home. The second tumble made me so thankful for helmets, because she went down right on her head. No tears. She just hopped back on her bike.

I assisted Daniel. He is so much more cautious by nature than Mercy. He had to be reminded to, "PEDAL, PEDAL, PEDAL. Keep PEDALING, Daniel." He would get going with a bit of speed and put on his brakes, afraid he was going too fast. I am so proud of how much he has improved since the last bike ride. He's gaining confidence and it makes me so proud.

Gracie has inherited this nifty Radio Flyer tricycle that function just like a stroller. Love it! The older two each had their turn at perceived independence. Mommy had control the entire time, and she loved it!

We made it all the way over to see Grampy and Grammy. The kids were complaining they were tired, so they got to take a break and visit a little bit. Grammy gave them a little energy boost with oatmeal cookies! Yum. Then we journeyed back to the playground.

I love this picture! Eric took it after I hollered at him, "Get a picture of just their feet!" 

Not a bad way to enjoy the sunshine!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful pictures, Cam, especially the tire swing photos!

    ReplyDelete