Sunday, May 30, 2010

Gracie's 2nd Birthday Party: HELLO KITTY

I was feeling really badly. Here it is, more than a week after my sweet third child's birthday and I was just starting to think about a party. Eric's side of the family is always around Memorial Day Weekend because they volunteer for a working weekend at a local camp (Warm Beach Camp) every year. So, I think we might be falling into the habit of celebrating sweet Gracie's birthday then, regardless of when her actual birthday falls. We can get away with that because she's two. I am unsure when she will start to have an opinion. But right now I'm glad that she's oblivious to her birthday unless one of us starts putting up party decorations.

We started pulling together decorations yesterday during her afternoon nap. I started gathering supplies and even tried making one of those tissue paper pom-poms that Martha Stewart seems to have made famous. You know the ones I'm talking about. So we made some pink tissue pom-poms. I pulled out the cupcake tree, some fun wrapping paper and we called it good. When Gracie woke up from her nap she was delighted. I was thankful that we only had an hour to distract her from the cupcakes before the various family members arrived to share in festivities.

Happy Birthday, Gracie Blue! We are so glad you are 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment