Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Day Ten: Monday

Chores, Swimming, and Blogging

We slept in this morning. We woke rested with just a few things on the agenda. Eric and Stacy were going to look into what to do about the tire. I was going to do laundry. I’d promised the kids time in the Stacy and Donna’s pool. Also, I was going to show Donna how to set up a blog (because I had been trying to convince her she should start one too).

When evening came we headed over to Uncle LC and Aunt Ruth’s, a few houses over, for dinner. They grilled chicken and burgers. It was delicious. It was also our last chance to visit with the family. I was able to get some sweet pictures of Gracie going on walks around the yard with Uncle Stephen and then Grandma Grete before she fell asleep and got swooped up by Tony who insisted it had been far too long since he’d been able to hold a sleeping little one.

The evening was closed out standing in Stacy and Donna’s kitchen in front of their computer watching hilarious video clips. It felt so good to laugh. When they played a hunting clip by Jeff Foxworthy (I'll try and find a link when I get home and post it!) I thought I was going to wet myself it was so funny. Whenever any of Eric’s family members talks about how great it is that the boys can “fill up my freezer with meat” I will think of this video and try really hard not to laugh out loud rudely! (But I shouldn’t make any promises that I don’t know if I will be able to keep.)

No comments:

Post a Comment