Monday, June 14, 2010

Road Trip Countdown: Four Days

We're getting down to the final countdown. I can't believe it's just four days until we drive south. Eric is having to get serious about getting his projects done!

Sorry about the really dark picture, I didn't take the time to lighten it up.

Eric has been working on this project for a long time. The curse of an engineer is that they construct everything in their head dozens of times before they ever start working on a project. Eric has been working on this console to put between us in the van. It's to hold his notebook (which holds his GPS mapping software) for the road trip. The contraption blocks our normal cup holders so he needed to find a way to add those, as well. You probably can't see it, but the top has a shock absorbing feature. The final paint even matches the interior of the van perfectly.


He is no longer allowed to tease me about how obsessive I get about my projects. Isn't this beautiful?!

2 comments:

  1. You guys crack me up! I have to say the cup holders are impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't Eric cute? He's so proud of his console thing. I guess he and I are a pretty good match :)

    ReplyDelete