Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me

The older I get the less bashful I am about communicating what would delight me.


I had a delightful day. My day was filled with all of my very favorite things.


Hours of uninterrupted digital scrapbooking. (I had to give up sleep to get it, but was happy to do so.)
Love note from the love of my life.
Flowers from my mother-in-law's garden.
Sugar-free raspberry vanilla latte with 2% milk, instead of non-fat. Yum.
My big brother, singing me "Happy Birthday".
Sorting Legos.
Surprised by balloons and lunch brought to my door by my parents.
Receiving baby sitting from my brother for an upcoming shopping trip with my mom.
Receiving the loveliest card from my parents along with money for the already mentioned shopping trip.
Coloring with all three kids and my mom.
Cuddling and giggling with Gracie. Letting her skip a nap.
Visiting with my mom.
Receiving a call from my long-time high school friend Caroline, who lives in Haiti.
Kissing my husband.
Diet Dr. Pepper. Pizza from Papa Murphy's.
Watching a family friendly movie at home.
Receiving a laminator from my hubby. (Oh the ways I am going to play with that baby!)
Receiving Amy Grant's most recent album from my kids.
Eating Udderly Chocolate ice cream after being sung to.
Reading to my kids.
Hearing my children thank God for Mommy when they say their night-time prayers.


My thirty-something birthday was delightful.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! I'm so glad you had a great day! I love that your children thanked God for you during their bedtime prayers. That is just so precious!

    ReplyDelete