Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Back Again with Sweet Friends

I spent my morning at MOPS. MOPS is a charter ministry of our church that is for Mothers of Preschoolers (like me) who need to get away for a morning every couple of weeks away from their cherubs for a some sweet fellowship with other mommies. We don't meet in the summer and so it was so lovely to be back with ladies who laugh (like I do) at the cute things my two-year old says, sympathize with me over having to drag my new kindergardener down the long elementary school hallway when he's screaming, "I don't want to go to school today!"

I felt extra blessed because I got to see one of my sweet friends shine in a new leadership role (she is our Discussion Group Leader). I got to see one of my dear friends who I haven't seen all summer because we have both been too busy with family things. I got see my two-year old run away from me INTO the classroom FULL of her friends, instead of clinging to me and screeching, "I want MOMMY," even though half the kids were having separation anxiety.

It was a sweet and precious day worth the time remembering.

No comments:

Post a Comment