Friday, September 3, 2010

Daniel's First Day of Kindergarten

Today was the day we've been looking forward to a long time... the first day of Kindergarten for Daniel.

We got to meet Daniel's teacher earlier this week, Curriculum night on Monday night, then Wednesday he got to meet her when we took in his school supplies.

We started off with a good hot breakfast, just like my mom always did for us. Chocolate chip waffles, eggs, sausage, and orange juice. Brain food.
He looked all grown up with his back pack on. And he really was excited.
He started to get a little teary, but courageous, when giving his sisters good-bye hugs.
At this point I am doing everything I can not to bawl (I'm already tearing up pretty good). He's telling me how his "I'm a car rider" tag is going to bother him.
Fighting the tears. A loosing battle.
He wanted to get a picture with Daddy too.
We made ourselves walk away when he said, "Okay, see you tonight."
When I turned back to check on him he blew me a kiss. When I hit the hallway the tears were streaming down my cheeks. Eric looked like he had a little something in his eye too.

Can't wait until we pick him up and get to hear all about his first day!

5 comments:

  1. Oh Camilla!

    This post totally made me cry! I hope your little one has an awesome day!

    Thanks for stopping... and hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you all made it! Love the pics and the captions too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, what a big day for you all! I love the picture of Daniel with his backpack - he looks so excited and happy! :) Happy first day of school, Daniel! (And enjoy the 3-day weekend between Day 1 and Day 2!! :) )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope he had a wonderful first day. It looks like you were doing a good job holding back the tears. You are such a good mom to make his first day so special!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our big girls starts next week... Yikes... Daniel looks like he handled it very well!

    ReplyDelete