Friday, October 8, 2010

December Daily

I have been following this blog for about about six or seven months. I love her scrapbooking style. It's clean. Clean isn't as popular as flourished, from what I have seen. But Ali Edwards if very popular and her designs are very clean. She's big on documenting your story, which is the whole purpose of my blog. Her ideas are always so inspiring, but a little overwhelming to think of starting. But I decided I am going to do this project.

I love that it's contained in a month that is already one I want to document well. I had a conversation with a friend who has spent years working The Lights of Christmas at Warm Beach Camp. It's this incredible celebration of the Christmas season. Ironically, when you work the event there is very little holiday left for your family. For years after my time working there I didn't enjoy the holidays. With my children growing I feel the need to reclaim the joy of the holiday season for them. Who knows whether this will accomplish that. But I think if I have to document something special each day of December it will help to motivate me to actively look for special things that make our family season wonderful.


I'm looking forward to my scaled down version of Ali's project. I don't plan on doing all the transparent cover sheets. And I'm doing mine all digitally. I don't know if it's because I am cheap or just because I want to know going in exactly what the project will cost me.


Want to do it to?



1 comment:

  1. Oooh, I LOVE the idea, Cami! I had been thinking about a "Holiday Inspiration & Activities List", but this is so much better. Like you, I might not do a paper version, but rather blog about it... we'll see. Either way, I'm IN!!
    Thanks for sharing this! :)

    ReplyDelete