Sunday, October 24, 2010

Grapes

For as long as I can remember I have loved crunchy cold green grapes. We couldn't get grapes in Haiti when I was growing up. When we returned stateside each summer it was one of my favorite things to indulge in. Whenever we went to Buffalo (New York) we'd visit my grandma's sisters. When we arrived at Aunt Louise's apartment she would pull out a huge bowl of grapes, put it down in front of me and say, "Honey, you just eat as many of those as you want to. I got them just for you." Every time.

Every time.

Yesterday and today I have been thinking a lot about green grapes.

My Aunt Louise went home to be with Jesus yesterday. There were a lot of people eagerly awaiting her arrival, they are probably having an amazing family reunion. But I have been thinking a lot about green grapes and missing her.

1 comment:

  1. maybe she met my Grandma, she passed away 4 days ago. She was a hundred and one!

    ReplyDelete