Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Chex Muddy Buddies

I've been trying to try some new to us things this Christmas, hoping some of them will result in traditions. I've never made Chex mix before. I saw the recipe for Chex Muddy Buddies on the back of the box and thought they sounded like a yummy treat the kids would love to help make. You can get it here. I was right. They are easy with plenty of steps that the girls (ages two and four) could help me accomplish.

We got our ingredients ready. I game them each a few chocolate chips to munch so that they wouldn't be reaching into the bowl to help themselves.

Gracie enjoyed hers.

Then we melted the chocolate chips, butter, and peanut butter in the microwave.

Then we mixed it into the Chex cereal. We used half Rice Chex and half Corn Chex because it's what we had on hand.

Then I split it into two gallon size bags and added the powdered sugar. That way each of the girls got to shake it up. Which they loved!

Then we dumped out the two bags unto a disposable aluminum tray lined with parchment paper to completely cool. Yummy! Can hardly wait to watch a Christmas movie and munch our Chex Muddy Buddies.

I think this is going to be one of our traditions!

1 comment:

  1. This is a fav at our house... keep it in the freezer and it is even yummier... if that is possible!

    ReplyDelete