Sunday, December 5, 2010

Dark Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies

It would be great if Christmas were a lazy quiet season. If it were I would love to do a baking series. I'd call it the Twelve Baking Days of Christmas. I think I have a dozen wonderful cookie and treat recipes I could share. But I know the season and I don't want to commit to sharing a dozen recipes. It would likely end up just like other things I started and didn't finish. So we'll just give you one super easy and delicious one that any of you can do, no matter how busy your season is!

This recipe is not my own. I am only as good at baking as I am at copying. But with good blog etiquette I promise to point you back to the source, rather than claim the brilliance as my own.

Dark Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies

Oh the goodness. My husband, who doesn't deviate too often from chocolate chip oatmeal cookies, thought these were really, really good. When I wouldn't let him have a fourth one because I wanted to save some for the following evening I got the look. The look that said they better not all be gone when he came home from work the next day! I decided these would be terrible to keep in the house with too much frequency or I'd get fat. I can't eat just one. Or two. No, I eat until they are all gone! And they couldn't be more simple to make.

Ingredients: 1 cake mix (I had dark chocolate on hand), 1/2 cup of oil, two eggs, and powdered sugar. Mix first three ingredients until a dough forms. Scoop and roll into balls. Roll around in powdered sugar. Bake at 350 degrees for 9-10 minutes. Leave them on the tray for a minute or two after you pull them out of the oven. Move to a cooling rack. Try to use a little self control while you wait for them to cool off.

Thank you to Sherbet Blossom for sharing such an amazing recipe on her blog. (She uses Devil's Food Cake mix.) I find myself back at her site again and again. Love it. Love her. If you don't already follow it, she's worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment