Sunday, January 16, 2011

Un-inherited Quick Wit

Tonight everyone was a little bit cranky when I got dinner on the table. I have eaters who have gotten pickier than I like and they were all hungry by dinner because they didn't eat much of their lunch. By the time I sat down at the table I was a little cranky too.

The entree was chicken. I asked Gracie (who's two) if she wanted chicken. She said, "Yes, peez." I sliced some chicken off the breast and using the fork and knife lifted it to transfer to her plate. In the process I dropped the meat. It landed in my glass of water. "Shoot."

I snickered and start to cut off another piece. Eric scoops the chicken out of my glass and sticks on her place while saying, "She doesn't care."

Gracie looks up and says, "Chicken Soup."

She is much more quick witted than either of her parents. We all needed to laugh and we did.

4 comments:

  1. Love it!!! :) Had me laugh out loud, too, this morning (and that's sayin' something, when it happens over only my 1st cup of coffee!) :)
    You go, Gracie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, how cute! She doesn't miss anything.

    ReplyDelete