Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Mercy's Milestones | Kindergarten Readiness & Spiritual Birthday

Yesterday was a special day of milestones for Mercy. We had her Kindergarten Readiness meeting at the elementary school last evening. Our school does a wonderful job of preparing the kids for next fall, starting out with a two hour meeting that includes a video, question and answer time, meeting the kindergarten teachers, and doing a craft in the kindergarten classrooms. The main goal is to get the kids registered and one of the byproducts is the kids get very excited.

Papa and Grandma Cook came to the house to watch Daniel and Gracie so that the time could be focused on just Mercy. She loved it. She got to talk to Mrs. A. (Daniel's teacher) and she made a puppet craft. She met a couple of other kids.

When we got home it was time for a special dessert. Her spiritual birthday was a month ago and I missed it. So I decided now would be a great time to play catch up.

I turned this:

Into this:

Yummy! The Banana Cake recipe was new to me. I found it here. We left out the peanuts because my kids aren't fans of nuts. And I didn't mention it was banana cake. I called it chocolate chip cake because my kids aren't huge fans of bananas. It was a great way to sneak it in. They thought it was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment