Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Play Dough Meets Glitter

Am I the only one who has ever felt nervous about making play dough. Yes, probably. I get nervous about everything I've never done before, certain that if it can be messed up, I'll do it.

I decided on this recipe. There are hundreds of recipes out there. Really? I only chose this one because I hate to clean pots and it could be done in the microwave.

This is what it should look like before you knead it.

I cut the batch in two, that way Gracie and Mercy could each choose their own color.

Knead in the color. The blue was much more potent than the red, I shouldn't have started with equal parts. Live and learn. Next time I'll do it differently.

Once you are happy with the color, add in the glitter. (For the record, I wasn't happy with this color, but it satisfied Gracie, so I tried to stop obsessing.)


Play.

Daniel was so not interested in the play dough. Pink? Purple? No, thank you. He worked on his Spiderman Math Book, insistent I take his picture if I was going to take ones of the girls.

2 comments:

  1. So, how did glitter do in playdough? I have glitter to use in craft projects, but it seems I never have enough patience or energy to actually get it out because I don't want to clean it up. Is it messy if you knead it into the playdough?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alisha, the glitter was PERFECT in the play dough. I loved it. I hate glitter, but it stuck to the play dough and NOWHERE ELSE! Truly the only way to use glitter, in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete