Thursday, April 14, 2011

Happy Birthday Mommy | A Surprise Party

If you know my mom, you know how blessed I am. Maybe a lot of daughters say that about their mothers. I don't really know and I don't really care how many other daughters out there feel really good about their moms. I know how I feel about my mother and it's good, really good.

The older I get the more ways my mother seems to find to show me she loves me. In recent years it has been about spending time with my three kids. Doctors appointments. She's here. Small Group. They are at Mom and Dad's house. I'm going crazy and just need to go to Target. Alone. She buzzes over and let's me get out. (My mother-in-law also helps out a LOT, but it's my mom's birthday so I'm focusing on her for the moment. I know some of you are incredibly jealous that I have two moms willing to step in and help out to give me a break. I didn't do anything to deserve it. I just am blessed.)

My mom's birthday was this week. Dad took her away for a few days. While they were away I started planning a party for her. (Mothers don't usually expect much fanfare on their behalf, making it more fun to do.)

I made this card for my mom. It took a little more time than I expected, but turned out a little better than I hoped. I was inspired here. Ali's is much more elaborate, but I really was intending to make a card, not a mini book.

It's just printed on brochure weight paper. If I were back in collage (or if I hadn't been doing this after midnight last night) I would have mounted the pages, to make a heavy booklet. That would have given the three dimensional quality I really wanted. But the message is still there.

Text: When you love on Daniel, Mercy, and Gracie I am overwhelmed with gratitude. You're my mom and you have never stopped finding new ways to show me how much you love me. I love you back.



I also made a rainbow cake. It's mammoth. After we cut into it tonight I will take pictures and post them. I dislike that you can't really see how it turned out ahead of time. I'm not a very patient person. At least I know Mom will love it, no matter what, because she's Mom!

Happy Birthday Mommy!

1 comment:

  1. Your mom is amazing! I love the card that you made her.

    ReplyDelete