Sunday, April 17, 2011

A Love of Color Times Two

I love color. I really, really love color. I think I became an art major in college because of my love for color. The clothes in my closet and the girls closet are all arranged by color. (Some of you who see me often are thinking, So you're saying the left side of your closet is brown and the right side is black?) I wear brown or black, a lot. At first glance there seems to be a disconnect. But I love color. My theory is that I avoid wearing color because when I choose to wear a color I feel like I am broadcasting my feelings, not something I often intentionally do. Brown and black are neutral and force people to look to your face and body language for your emotions. But I'm wandering away from my point. (I do that often.)

Yesterday my youngest was sitting at the table. I'd told her she could eat one treat from her treat bag that she'd gotten from her cousin's birthday party (Thank-you, Makenna!). She chose the mini m'n'm's. I was sitting working at my computer. I turned around to check on her, because it's chocolate. My heart did cartwheels! This is what I saw:

If you have been following my blog you know that I recently discovered my Mercy lining up her brothers' Hot Wheels by color. I had to run out to the garage to tell Eric that BOTH of my girls love color like me! Time will tell if color is truly as important to them as it is to me. But right now my heart is filled with joy that they just might find so much delight in the incredible palette God used to create this temporary dwelling!

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome picture of Gracie that is. She is beautiful and so are her color coordinated m&m's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wait until the day that they learn "rainbow order"! :)

    ReplyDelete