Monday, May 23, 2011

Gracie's Third Birthday | Wonder Woman Theme

Gracie loves Wonder Woman. Even though we weren't going to have friends over (or even family) I couldn't not have a theme for Gracie's third birthday. Really the decoration are for the kids.

But I didn't want to go over the top with expenses, so I did it on the cheap, that means less than ten dollars. Really.


Gracie's t-shirt was my inspiration. I bought the girls these t-shirts at Old Navy last year. They love wearing them. I had WW Underroos as a kid. (What American kid didn't?)

These are the supplies I bought for less than ten dollars at Target.

I used the star paper and balloons to cover up the poster size artwork in our dining room.


Then more and more balloons to delight my three year old child who said when she woke up that morning, "Mommy, it's BEAUTIFUL!"

I can't believe I forgot to get a picture of the table. I wrapped the polk-a-dot paper around the length of the table, down the middle. Then I used the star paper, sliding it under, across the width to create place mats. Super cute. Then I just used the plates and napkins. Super simple, but it popped. Loved it. How did I miss getting a picture???

Then my favorite part was the cupcakes. When I had asked her what she wanted for her birthday dinner she had said, "CAKE." I said, "No, sweetheart, what do you want for DINNER? We're going to have cake too." She'd replied, "CAKE." After several times of back and forth this way she landed on, "FRENCH FRIES AND CAKE." So, the cake part was very important in my mind and she loved the cake toppers I made. I couldn't find free logo clip art online so I had to recreate it myself. I think I did a pretty good job.

1 comment:

  1. Great party ideas! Any time you need to dress up as Wonderwoman, I am totally there for you! :) Julie

    ReplyDelete