Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Blah Day Turnaround | Cake Pops Tutorial

I'd never made them. Seems like I'm the only one. So when I looked out this morning and saw nothing but dreariness I decided today was the day to try our hand at cake pops.

There must be more than a hundred tutorials online on how to do make them. We decided to start simple, with ingredients we had on hand. The kids (and I) love how they turned out.







The Super Easy Instructions:
  • Make the cake mix, following the directions on the package. Bake in a pan.
  • Remove from oven. Allow to cool for about an hour.
  • Crumble apart into a bowl.
  • Dump into mixer. Add about 1/3 to 1/2 cup of frosting. Mix completely until it almost looks like cookie dough.
  • Roll into small (emphasis on the small) balls.
  • Place in a mini muffin tin.
  • Put in freezer for 10-15 minutes.
  • Meanwhile melt chocolate according to package directions. I did it in the microwave, so it was SO easy.
  • Remove cake balls from freezer.
  • Dip the popscicle sticks in the chocolate and then insert into the cake balls.
  • Put in the refrigerator to set for about ten minutes.
  • Pull out of the refrigerator and let them sit on the counter for two or three minutes. I read this helps to prevent cracking of the chocolate as it hardens.
  • Dip cake balls in chocolate.
  • Dip in sprinkles.
  • Allow to set upright. I used some packing foam pieces that our ice cream maker came packaged in. I read that the green foam stuff used for flower arrangements is ideal. I can see how easy that would be.
  • Enjoy thoroughly once the chocolate hardens!

3 comments:

  1. Love it! I feel like I need more excuses to make Cake Pops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cake pops demystified! Thank you! they have always intimidated me, and finally i feel i could potentially make them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have NEVER made them but eaten them PLENTY of times! Yours look especially delicious! You've inspired me...next week cake pops! :)

    ReplyDelete