Monday, December 26, 2011

December Daily 2011 | Day 23

I have some great childhood memories. One of my favorites is Daddy writing clues for us to solve; clues that told us where we were going next on our family adventure. I remember arriving at McDonalds for french fries before moving on to another restaurant for another part of our dinner. It's one of my favorite memories of family times.


I wanted to do something special for my family. Neither Eric nor myself is very adventurous or what I would consider "fun". We often talk ourselves out of doing something. But I was bound and determined that I would plan a scavenger hunt of sorts for our family Friday night when Eric got home, his last day of work before his week-long holiday. I thought this would be the perfect thing to kick-off the real holiday, when Daddy was home.

I am so glad we did! The kids had fun, but so did Eric and I. In the future I wouldn't plan as many stops. I had fourteen planned. We did thirteen. We would have been better to stop after about nine or ten. Next year I will plan more non-food related stops.

The kids favorite stop: Target, where we drew names and each bought a gift from the dollar bins at Target for the person whose name we drew.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun idea! I'm sure you all had a blast!!

    ReplyDelete