Monday, December 26, 2011

Free Printable | Kids Fill-in-the-Blank Christmas Thank You Card

I love the simple act of sending a thank you note. It was something my parents were very intentional about instilling in me. Probably living thousands of miles away from family necessitated the written thank you over the verbal, but I think there was something more there too.


I'm trying to instill in my kids taking a moment, well after the tearing off the wrapping paper, to express thanks. After all, I hope my kids are thankful beyond that moment. A note says that. It says, I'm thankful beyond the obligatory mumbled gratitude.

But I'm honest about the fact that my kids are three, five, and six (almost seven). So, we've gotten creative about the thank you's, so that it isn't such a chore, but fun to express a thankful heart.


I did up two different printable fill-in-the-blank thank you cards. This one is for the gift giver who gave one thoughtful gift. The second is for the grandma's and aunts and uncles who sometimes give multiple gifts. It limits how much writing needs to happen. There is space for a drawing, or a photo (if you are one who is really good at taking photos of your child opening or using the gift they received). Depending on the age of your child, you can help. If they can write the gift giver's name and theirs, that's wonderful. You can fill out the rest. Or, maybe they can fill in all the blanks themselves. Or, as in the case of my three-year-old, she will only be drawing the picture and telling me what to write in the blank.

Download your FREE printable PDF here (one gift thank you) and here (multiple gifts) start helping your kids to realize the value of a thank you note. (UPDATE: If you have trouble downloading the printable cards at the above location, you can also download them HERE and HERE.)

Hope your Christmas was lovely!


Cami


I'm linking up HERE.

6 comments:

  1. LOVE them!!
    Thank you for sharing!!!
    May God Bless you in 2014 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE them!!
    Thank you for sharing!!!
    May God Bless you in 2014 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scribd won't let me download it without paying for it! Is there anyway you would either email it to me or post it somewhere else to download? thank you very much!! (I really need to get on those thank you cards with my kids!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will take a look at this later tonight, Danielle. I might just move it to another host site. Check back in a few hours. :)

      Delete
    2. Danielle, I included another way to download the files (see above). I didn't have any problem when I went to download them, so I'm not sure why it was giving you a hard time. Hope this works for you :)

      Delete