Friday, December 16, 2011

Who Let the Cow Out?

I recognize it's a silly title. But I am really proud of my first attempt at using gum paste. Tomorrow night we are celebrating my niece's birthday, along with Daniel's. She loves cows. When I told Eric I was going to try and make a cow to go on her cupcake he got this horrified look on his face. He was remembering the last time I worked with fondant (I was making Gracie's birthday cake). I ended up throwing the whole thing out, even though I had spent a crazy amount of money all the supplies. The money was one thing... but the stressful mommy they had to deal with was something else entirely. Not a happy memory.


I think this turned out pretty cute. (So worth the effort for my sweet niece.) I think it will look even cuter sitting on top of the cupcake tomorrow. I'll try to remember to update this post with a picture with the cow on the cupcake.

3 comments: