Tuesday, January 10, 2012

1000 Gifts | Joy Dare

All weekend I have been thinking about the Joy Dare {One Thousand Gifts in 2012}. You can read about it here. I found out about it from a friend I taught with in Haiti a decade ago. I keep trying to push it out of my head because I don't like to start things that have already started. And this has already started. It's January 9, more than a week into the challenge. I have a thing about not wanting to start late on anything. It feels like you start out failing, no chance of succeeding.

But God keeps reminding me this is different, this isn't about me accomplishing something, it's about Him accomplishing something in me. Can I really tell God no, because I'd be late starting?

So I'm starting. I won't be sharing publicly every day. I don't really want you to read my journal, and I know you really don't want to. But weekly I'll selectively share, to encourage, to inspire.

If seeing 1000 gifts in your life this year sounds lovely to you, then join me (and lots of others) who are hungry to unwrap the gift of joy.

"But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law." Galatians 5:22

Cami

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that is an incredible challenge!!! A pretty big commitment to have to capture all three of those each day but, it sounds wonderful. I kind of wish I was doing that instead of my Project 365{+1}.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving it so far! I am trying to capture 3 a day... sometimes all of what she says, sometimes a bit different. We've temporarily moved and are living at a camp in the woods, away from friends and family for about a year (we'll go back and forth to our old house) It's going to be (and is!) a big adjustment so I think that the joy dare is exactly what I need... to find thanks in all, even the hard.

    And Angela, I am trying to do Project life too! (same thing I think(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really should jump on this bandwagon. :)

    ReplyDelete