Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Family Life | Snow Days

I have never been more excited about snow. At 5:30 a.m. yesterday morning we got the call that school was cancelled. Since the kids and I didn't need to go anywhere it felt like a mini stay-cation. I happen to L.O.V.E. any opportunity to stay home. So we played in the snow. When Daddy came home early we were especially delighted because he worked on setting up the sled run on our "kiddy hill".





















F.U.N. (and cold).


Daddy decided to work from home today. So we celebrated with homemade donuts. I tried making them a little healthier by using whole wheat flour and sugar cane juice sugar. They were still delicious!


"Though your sins are like scarlet,
     they shall be as white as snow;
   though they are red as crimson,
     they shall be like wool."
Isaiah 1:18b

Cami

9 comments:

  1. Your doughnuts look amazing!!! Great pictures, too. It looks like everyone had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are LOVING our family snow days! On the donuts...do you deliver?
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan on taking some to MOPS on Tuesday. I use whole wheat flour and sugar cane sugar, so that I can pretend they are good for me :)

      Delete
  3. Wonderful photos, Cami! Your kids look so happy, as do you. No school tomorrow either, I hear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maia wants to make a snow heart now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great snow day. We don't have any snow and it's too cold to go outside (like really cold...) The book we are reading is "Self Matters" by Dr. Phil. I'm actually pretty excited about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to see if I can get that from our library. I'm intrigued. Thanks!

      Delete
  6. These pictures made me smile. I love the ones of your little girl in the sled. You sure do have a lot of redheads. ;) I'm the only one in my family. :)

    ReplyDelete