Sunday, January 1, 2012

Me | Welcoming 2012

I love beginnings. Fresh starts. A brand new spiral notebook. A new house. A new year.

I start with such superb intentions. Perfection really. But soon the spiral notebook has been written in, and I've had to scratch out a word, or written too fast. The house has stains in the carpet that even a $400 Dyson can't get out (but I still would love to actually own one). My resolution to eat healthy has been replaced with a six pack of Diet Dr. Pepper.

Yet, instead of dread, I rush to the starting line with determination and hope that my intentions are fortified with a bit more will and inner strength than last time.

Once again I stand (or rather sit) at the start, armed with goals and resolve about who I desire to be, of the character I desire to develop and actively push myself towards.

Photo Credit: Andrew Leigh Cook

In 2012:

  • I need to love God more deeply, spending more quality time sitting quietly in His presence.
  • I need to cherish, protect, and nurture the gifts God has given me in my husband and children.
  • I need to create.

"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize." I Corinthians 9:24-27

Cami

2 comments:

  1. I love your use of "more" in goal #1. It reminds me that I do not need to make a huge leap to attain everyone's ideals, but just add a small step. Much more do-able.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Cami!!! I hope this is an amazing year for you! I also hope to see you more often in person and get to know you better.

    ReplyDelete