Sunday, January 22, 2012

Project Life 2011 | Week 1-4

I am loving the whole Project Life concept. I've jumped on the bandwagon for 2012 and am so far have been able to keep up. (Loving that!)

But when I was clicking through layouts of others who are also doing PL this year I saw a couple of places (or maybe more) that there were others who were going back and using Project Life to scrap previous years. I'm in love with that idea. I think it's so much more doable than what I have been doing... which has been simply waiting for inspiration and motivation to collide. This gives me some place to start. Some way to order my pictures. So that's what I'm doing... grouping my photos from 2011 by weeks, then tackling one week at a time.

Pure genius!

And here are the first four weeks...


Week One: Inspired by Ali Edwards layout found here. Papers: my own.
This week of Project Life I focused on organizing. When chaos threatens to turn in on me I gut and clean. It's what I do. The girls have a lot of stuff in a small space (they share a room). Order makes me feel better, much better.


Week Two: Inspired again by Ali Edwards, but a combination of layouts. Papers: my own.
Mercy loves to feel all pretty, she is all girl. I adore that about her. So the second week of Project Life I highlighted her first foot spa treatment. Her painted toes looked so super cute.


Week Three: Inspired by Pencil Lines layout prompt found here. Papers and pins: my own.
This week I went with a two page spread. The right side reflects the girls' morning habit of watching a video in their pajamas on the couch. The left page reflects a little of the sleep struggles Gracie has.


Week Four: I figured out how to make legos in Illustrator CS3. That was my big accomplishment on these pages. I imagine I will be using the symbol I made again and again, since Legos are such a huge part of our daily life.

And there we have it, the first month of 2011 finally scrapped!

And a sweet friend reminded me of one of my favorite passages this week, I Corinthians 13, also known as the Love Chapter. So completely good to dwell on. I need to be mulling on these words this week:

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."
I Corinthians 13: 4-7

Cami

20 comments:

  1. How wonderful that you're able to go back and scrap 2011! Good job! The pages look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooh! That's so exciting - I hope to go back and do past years but I'm currently too overwhelming with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. digital people are so cool! love the legos, they are awesome, my son would be ecstatic over that little creation! :) i really love how you capture your weeks. it's definitely less intimidating then the already precut page protectors you have to fill. love that. keep calm and project life on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you for going back and doing 2011!!! I'm doing fairly well so far with 2012..just waiting on those darn page protectors to go on sale! My girls share a room too and if we aren't organized, my sanity fall apart--ha! Love your layouts they have that clean, warm look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous pages, I love the clean graphic look with lots of planned white space. The Legos look awesome! Will you be going back to catch with PL AND doing a week at a time for 2012?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm doing 2012 at the same time as I'm doing 2011. I'm trying to catch up on 2011 a little faster. Hopefully I won't have to work on 2011 ALL year :)

      Delete
  6. I love your approach to Project Life. You can totally tell it is your own unique style!! And I'm glad to hear that it gets easier to type. And you should totally try in-n-out burger! it's SO GOOD!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words. It really DOES get easier. You will be so fast at it before long that it'll take less time than handwriting! I look forward to seeing future pages!

      Delete
  7. Love these pages Cami!!! Love your papers too, will you be using them for the entire month/year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meg, I do plan on continuing with the same palette for the whole year. Since I'm making my own papers I have more flexibility than just limiting myself to one digital kit. That said, if I get stuck I'll be widening my palette. The orange and yellow lend themselves to a rainbow palette...

      Delete
  8. I love these layouts! Your 2011 yearbook is going to look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is awesome you are doing it for past years. I need to do 2007, so I decided to order the Clementine kit for that. I love your look and pictures--it is awesome! You are on the ball to post both 2011 and 2012! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you for going back! The Clementine kit is beautiful! You're going to have so much fun!

      Delete
  10. Hi Cami, thank you so much for stopping by my blog today. Getting your comment really brightened my day! Your blog is so pretty. I love the clean look of it. I also love your pages! Very pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and I absolutely love that verse. It is one of my favorites...

      Delete
  11. Beautiful pages!! I'm trying to convince my sister in law to start project life but she wants to start from 'the beginning' (of what I'm not sure!!) I'm going to use you as an example of going back retroactively project life-ing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I SO understand where your sister is coming from. I am such a chronological gal myself. This was a way to keep from getting farther behind. Anything you can do to encourage your sister... GO FOR IT. I can't see how she could regret getting started, on 2012 or "the beginning" :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  12. I am impressed, going back and doing 2011 is a big project but will be so much fun. I would love to do the same. Great legos! :)

    ReplyDelete