Monday, January 9, 2012

Project Life | Week One


First week of Project Life done. I did a decent job of taking picture this week, but I didn't journal. I had to rely on memory for that part of the layout. Next week I'd like to be more diligent to jot down my thoughts daily.

Above are the page side-by-side, how they will look in the scrapbook. I have them repeated below, slightly larger, for a closer look. You can still click on them to enlarge them further and actually read the journaling.

My favorite part of the double page spread is the pomegranate section (right hand page). I haven't eaten them since I was a kid in Haiti. Was able to get Gracie and Mercy to try sucking on the seeds, they loved them. This one was incredibly sweet, perfect for a first taste.

I'm noticing that I'm really loving circles in my designs right now. (Maybe it has to do with the fact that I am toying choosing "circle" as my One Little Word this year, maybe.)

I spent some time looking through some of my older scrapbook pages this last week because a friend asked to see them. It was fun to see the progression of my style. It's stayed simple. I'm not a big embellisher, nor am I big of flourish or flowers. But my designs have gotten more interesting. I have gotten a bit braver in my designs. I like that. Sometimes it's been more successful than others. But because it's digital I can always go back and improve my layouts (not that I do, because there are plenty of pictures I haven't yet used).



I'd I'll leave you with God's Word, which will far outlast anything I say or do. I love the Psalms and Proverbs and will be reading through them a lot this year.  Though I am not in the habit of quoting Scripture at my children, here's one that gives a bit of backbone to my earnest reminders to my kids to listen and obey!

"Listen, my son, to your father's instruction
     and do not forsake your mother's teaching.
"They will be a garland to grace your head
     and a chain to adorn your neck."
Proverbs 1:8

Cami

12 comments:

  1. Great pictures and great pages! Your kids are so cute and I love the picture of Mercy and Daniel running from the bus and of course, Gracie vacuuming is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the papers/kit you are using for your digi pages!! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing a digital version! So great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it fun to go back and look through scrapbooks to see the differences through time. I love the look of your pages...simple, yet full!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good, love the picture of the little one vacuuming.

    Might have to show my 3yo that one... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love the layouts you did using the 6x12 space--I am thinking you designed this yourself? (I went through some older posts, and it looks like you have another one with a big picture that lies out horizontally. Do you sell these? I would love to buy both if you do--let me know! --heather (from heathershomemadehome.com) My email is heather@hgjphotography.com. Love your pages!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the tall picture that you put in your album. Not sure what size it is but how cool is that!! Your layouts look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely layout and color choice. The picture of the kids running from the bus is such a great moment you have captured.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how your pages turned out for the first week. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Camilla,

    Thanks so much for your kind words on my PL post. Yours are beautiful. I love the scripture quote (think I'll put it on our blackboard), and your photo's are really professional!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really, really love the full length picture of your daughter, I never seem to remember to do that when good picture pops up.

    Now off to read about the Joy Dare.

    ReplyDelete