Monday, January 16, 2012

Project Life | Week Two

This week was much harder for me. I sat down to scrap and nothing was working. Before I knew it I was wandering around blogland, accomplishing nothing, not even getting inspired, just wasting time. Not good. After a couple of hours I was wishing that I had decided to use a kit, instead of creating all my own elements.

Maybe it's because my husband was watching some show about men who drive big rigs and every other word was BLEEP. Slightly distracting.


Eventually I just buckled down and tried to plunk pictures in. And I'm glad that I'm sticking with all my own design elements. I'm learning to do some new things (like make decorative buttons) that perhaps I'll get to incorporate into next week's layouts. But this is where I landed this week.

And up close and personal...





I'm really excited about next week's layouts. We've had snow the last couple of days, so the kids were out playing in it. I took a hundred pictures, so I should get one or two I love. If not, I'm sure I'll be sending them back out to play tomorrow.

This week I'm linking up with Project Life Tuesday again. I had such fun last week seeing what everyone else was doing. The sweet comments that were being shared with each other was really encouraging. Click the button in the right hand column to see what others are doing with Project Life. Others are doing stuff much more creative than me. Go get inspired.

"When it snows, she has no fear for her household;
     for all of them are clothes in scarlet."
Proverbs 31:21

Cami

15 comments:

  1. Love your week two pages, Cami! Thanks for linking up on my blog and for stopping by! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pages! So creative. I love that you made them yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can totally relate to getting lost in blogland when I sit down at the computer to work on a project. :) Loved seeing your Project Life this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that bread you're making? Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love week #2! Great idea with the numbered buttons--and I absolutely love the longer picture with the best dad ever written on it. I just might have to take a picture like that myself! Can't wait to see what's in store next week:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good on you for making your own pages.

    Looks like a nice slice of family life.

    Thanks for dropping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for the comment on my blog. can't believe you do that all yourself--your book looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look great! I did some embellishments on my week one, but then when it came to week two, I also just kind of plunked my pics down and did a little journaling. There's something awesome about that though...I saved a week's worth of memories in no time at all. Gotta love PL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the 6X12 picture! I definitely need to figure out how to do that and where to print them!! Great layout for this week and can't wait to see the snow pictures next week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. For someone who said nothing was working when she got started, you ended up with a great spread! I love the little details like the circle numbers and stitching on the label. Your design has a clean timeless quality to it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. lookin' good! we had our first snow here in indiana this weekend...the weather WILL not pick a side...but whatever the weather I am LOVING doing Project life...have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great layouts. I love the 6x12 picture. I do have a little red head too.... At just 14 months she is showing me her "red head" personality. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. so impressed that you are making your own pages. I'm sure all the effort will be worth it! I didn't even know there was a HB/ND show, looks cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for stopping by my blog (www.krisiskreations.com) today!

    I get lost in blog land as well. I used a kit but I did make my days of the week labels. Love the little details into your life. I am working on that for this week. I took a picture of my apple cider tonight to use.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm SO impressed you're using all your own elements - way to go!

    ReplyDelete