Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Scrap | Project Life Basic Templates

Instead of plopping down on the couch last night and watching something brainless on Hulu I decided to work on the basic templates that I will be using for Project Life this year. It's a new project for me and I'm really excited to get the framework set up before the enthusiasm wains (or life pushes me in another direction).

I have three basic layouts that I will try to stick with. Because I am doing the project digitally, I have a lot more flexibility. But for a unified look to the album, consistency is important.

These basic layouts are modeled after the Project Life pocket page protectors that come with the kit. I will print my pages on 12x12 sheets and slide them into regular scrapbook page protectors.




I've also be thinking about color palettes. There needs to be enough variety to cover all seasons this year and the ability to scrap both feminine, masculine, and neutral pages. I've discovered the site COLOURlovers. Lovely if you want to loose an hour looking at pretty color palettes. (Have I mentioned that my favorite artists are Mark Rothko and Helen Frankenthaler. I cannot explain the affect color has on me. If it doesn't affect you that way, I am truly sorry. The artistry with which God used when creating the earth is astonishing, to say the least.) Here were some of my favorites (after limiting myself to about ten minutes):






Aren't these pretty? How will I ever decide? Which one is your favorite? I'm pretty certain the White Russian RC color palette most represents me. I love the other color palettes too, but that one I think I could live in all year, and still love it when working with week 52.

I've been designing some papers of my own to work with, but I'm not ready to show those yet. It's a fairly new process for me. I have had all the tools to design all the digital scrapbook papers and embellishments. I haven't taken the time to sharpen my skills with the tools I have. I've been having great fun trying out some Illustrator tutorials. I thought I was quite proficient using my favorite program, but oh my, the things IT can do that I can not... YET!

"God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning--the sixth day. Thus the heavens and the earth were completed in all their vast array." Genesis 1:31-2:1

Cami

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the colors. The first one is my favorite but, they are all gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome. I loved Rothko too, but visiting the Rothko 'chapel' here in Houston kind of soured me on him. He just totally failed to capture any divinity there. For whatever the whole thing is very dark and I am not a fan.
    Anyway, what did you choose? I like White Russian or milestone maybe...

    ReplyDelete