Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Scrap | Project Life


I need to create.

I was too busy doing other things to create well this year. When I went hunting for a favorite layout from 2011 I had too few to choose from to feel satisfied. I need that to change.

I know in the very heart of who I am that if I stop creating a little part of me dies and a lot of me suffers. When I block out time to create I am nurturing some of my favorite parts of myself. I am a better wife and mother when keeping a part of my evenings (or the wee hours of the morning) for creating.

Getting to scrapbook for me combines my love of words with my love of color and esthetics. I love the process of creating a page, however it happens. I love that it isn't a hobby that runs away from my family, but one that helps me to look intently at the loveliness of everyday life, the sweetness of gifts of time with my husband, and the beauty of the stories that come from the kids' chatter. Documenting helps me to think on and remember the beauty in our simple and sometimes crazy days.

But like anything, without goals, time slips away with hopes that creating will happen when life slows down just a bit. I'm learning it won't pause, unless I press the pause button. So I want to stop and press the pause button. Often this year.

In 2012 I hope to participate in Project Life | You can read about Becky Higgins' project here. I was exposed to Project Life via Ali Edward. You can see her project here. The faithfulness with which she (seems to) honestly document her family's story is inspiring. I am not purchasing the kit. I'm too cheap for that, but I will do my own version, which may or may not look similar to what everyone else is doing. But the point is that I will be creating a two page layout each week of the year, so that the year doesn't come and go with minimal documenting of the memories I've created.

"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things." Philippians 4:8


Cami

2 comments:

  1. I am so looking forward to seeing your weekly pages. You are so right, creating is important. God puts that desire within us! Hopefully you'll be able to get your pages printed and put into a beautiful album for your family to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was delighted to see your comment about doing Project Life but not buying the kit. I'm like you but mostly because what I've seen doesn't appeal to me. I look forward to following you and seeing what you create!!!

    ReplyDelete