Monday, February 27, 2012

Project Life | Week Eight

I'm only two months into Project Life. This is my first year. I'm echoing everyone else I'm hearing, I still love it.

I confess, I have been surprised by one thing...

The prodigious online scrapbook community. I had no idea the width and breadth and depth of the online community of people intentionally documenting their stories. Traditional. Hybrid. Strictly digital. Immensely creative. Systematic and organized, like a Mondrian. Gorgeous pools or floods of color, like a Rothko or Frankenthaler. Messy beautiful, like a Pollock. Patient and detailed, like a Degas. Storytellers who accent pictures with a few words, letting the photos speak loudly. Storytellers who capture details and emotions through word pictures and highlight their life journal with photos, like authors. And it's all quite lovely and inspiring.

There is so much freedom in Project Life. As I look at what everyone else is doing the pages are becoming more and more comfortably familiar because I'm recognizing their artistic voice. It helps me to find my own. I love that about Project Life, I'm finding my voice as I faithfully tell my story.


Once again I am Linking up this week at:



And now on to the real reason for this post, my week eight layouts:


Looking at them side-by-side.
Then, up close and personal...




My favorite part of this week's spread is my series of photos of my Gracie. I gave her the remote trigger for my camera, that was set up on the tri-pod, while I got the ingredients out to make donuts. She clicked away. Love. Totally love.

"Because your love is better than life,
    my lips will glorify you."
Psalm 63:3

Cami

21 comments:

  1. I love the picture series of Gracie. She's so sassy with her remote and her poses. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pages!! Absolutely LOVE the pictures of Gracie...what a fabulous idea to give her the remote. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful pages - love Gracie 'eating up the camera' and the colours for your background and journal cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pages look wonderful! I absolutely love the self portraits of Gracie! What a great idea! Looks like she loved it too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it all. beautiful, beautiful, photos and love all your journaling. fabulous pages. and i totally agree - i'm loving this PL approach too - its like counting your blessing every single week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pictures of Gracie are adorable! I love how you gave her the camera remote, I am definitely going to have to keep that in mind for when my son is older :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea, I have never thought about giving the remote to the kids, might have to try that. Your pages look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your pages! I, too, am new to PL this year. I totally agree about being suprised about the "prodigious online scrapbook community"! Amazing! I love being able to get new ideas with the click of a button.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those pictures of your daughter are adorable! I have been giving my holly the point and shoot to play around with and what he comes back with is hysterical. I am going to be printing up a page of her photos soon--the world through her eyes is something else. Love getting the kids involved!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cool idea with the tripod and your daughter. Priceless! Also love the puzzle shots! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pictures taken with the remote. Also the up close picture of the kids hands drawing are very cute. Those are the things I love to capture, the little details. Thanks for sharing your pages.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the pictures of your Gracie--she looks like she was having a fun time! The shots of the puzzle are great too! I really like the pic of your husband reading to the kids--priceless!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that idea to give your kiddo the remote for the camera. May have to do that!! Love that digital washi tape...great pages!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness that is just to cute with your movie star daughter!! I think that is so awesome you gave her the remote, how brillant and creative. That's a sure fire way to get some happy photos. She looks so cute!!

    I loved what you wrote in the beginning about the community. This is my 4th year and this year more then the others it's truly amazing how big PL has become. Every year I do this it makes me more happier and thrilled to have this in my life. So wish Becky was around when my mom was raising me and so then I could be reading thru my childhood.

    It's also amazing how different each person's is even though they are all the same. I also am shocked at how many from all over the world we get to meet each week, truly unbelieveable.

    So glad your enjoying it and looking forward to seeing you thru the year.

    ReplyDelete
  15. love that series of pictures of your daughter--how cute is that?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the quotes and conversation with your daughter. I need to put more of that into my pages. They say the funniest and sweetest things at these ages :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really nice layout. Love the photobooth layout of the pictures of your little girl. Really cute. And I love puzzles. My three year old seems to like them too. Hoping that stays with him. And I love putting quotes of my son in my book. There's many times I'll ask my husband, "What was that funny thing he said today?" So, I'm really trying to keep up with that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness Cami - your little girl is the cutest little poser!!

    Great layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love how you showed the puzzle through the week and the conversations are precious. Thanks for linking up each week on my digital link up @ www.krisiskreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. ahhh I love that she took her own photos, how great is that! so cute.

    I too am in aw by the amount of people that are into it this year, I don't know what happened. This is my 4th year! So it's weird really. It's so nice to have so many ideas and so much inspiration. It helps me create challenges for myself and be inspired. love that.

    keep calm and project life on!

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow the digital washi chevron tape effect is amazing. I can't believe your little one is doing so well on such a big puzzle.

    ReplyDelete