Sunday, March 18, 2012

Project Life | Week Eleven

I'm done with my pages a little earlier than some weeks and it feels wonderful. It was a different week. I didn't really take all that many photos. Then I sat down to do my pages and I ended up with the same number of usable photos as the weeks that I felt like I was taking photos all the time. But I seemed to be able to sift through the photos faster, which felt good.

But on to the pages themselves this week...

Side by side...
My favorite part this week was the strip of photos of Gracie. I know it's a lot of photos of one child (I do have three). But this is a bit of how the week has felt like, Gracie needing a lot of attention, and me unsure how to give it to her in a positive way that doesn't reward demanding it in ways that are disruptive to the whole family. I need a lot of prayer and the wisdom of Solomon with this little blessing. Don't I know that God is teaching me so much through my children!

Same pages, up close and personal...



I am still loving Project Life, but is there anyone else who is feeling the need to do some more traditionally scrapbooking? I feel like I need to get some of that in soon or I'll be tempted to take a break from Project Life. I know part of it has to do with some of my self-imposed rules in the structure. I just love a uniformed look. For goodness sake, I get a little high from my daughters' clothes being organized by color. I think I need to actually have the satisfaction of getting the pages I've done so far printed. I need to be able to touch the pages to really enjoy them. Maybe the next trip to Costco....

"God gave Solomon wisdom and very great insight, and a breadth of understanding as measureless as the sand on the seashore." I Kings 4:29

Cami

Linking Up With:



These three blogs where I've been linking up each week really are great. If you are stopping by from one of the link parties, thanks for taking the time (it can be incredibly time consuming and I appreciate the time you've taken to visit, I hope you've felt it was worth your time). And if you aren't familiar with these sites, you really should check them out. They're inspiring, even if you aren't doing Project Life and don't even scrapbook (though I confess I really love the Project Life Link Parties).

18 comments:

  1. How lovely! Your layouts are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful spread and such lovely pictures of your daughter! thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ♥ that idea of the photo strips, like you have at the bottom of the page. SO CUTE! I'm the same way about my daugther's shirts...I get a high from having them organized by color. I even go so far as to organize them by the colors of the rainbow. Red, organge, yellow, green, blue, purple. LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that you are the same way about color. My daughters shirts are way more fun, because she has more colors than I do. It's such a quick easy fix if I need a little order in my life. And who doesn't love it in rainbow colors!!!!!? Thanks for stopping by, and leaving a sweet comment.

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous layout. I like the mix of B&W and colour photos. Your daughter's wardrobe looks like mine - not that I am a control freak but I have all my wardrobe arranged by item, subdivided by colour. Sliding open my wardrobe doors and seeing that organised colourful world always gives me a little happy moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the artist in you that loves the arranging the colors... We want things to be aesthetically pleasing (and practical).

      Delete
  5. I love your photos again, the b/w with color always makes me smile. Your Grace is so sweet, great row of photos of her. Nice banner on the cake!!

    My scrapbooking is getting behind also, did you see how Ali is doing more layouts now. I am now doing that also, each time she does one so do I. It is easy to let that part of storytelling slip when you have Project Life but I'm determined to start scrapping more this year. Maybe you could set a goal of one layout a week?? Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think making a goal of doing one layout a week is splendid. I follow Ali too (who doesn't?) and she's always so inspiring. I love PL, but I love the freedom of just going with whatever you're inspired to do at the moment. So one a week... we can do it!

      Delete
  6. HI CAMILLA, GREAT SPREAD, LOVE ALL THE GRACIE SHOTS, ITS GREAT THAT YOU DID THEM IN BLACK AND WHITE, LOVE THAT LOOK

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cami! Love it! Especially love the pics of the books & the hanging clothes..they make me smile! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have weeks that seem to be all about 1 of my children as well, it all evens out in the end. I see you are doing digital, Is that digital washy tape?? I do Project Life and still traditional scrapbook, I think of PL more as a photo album than a scrapbook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right about it all evening out in the end. Some weeks I have heavy emphasis on the other kids too...

      That's my own digital washy-style tape. I do a Freebie Friday and I'll probably have some of that available this Friday, so stop back for it, if you are interested. I'm loving it too. I think it's my favorite thing right now :) Funny that I have never actually used the real thing :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. eeek. Love that your organize her clothes by color. I am lucky some weeks to get the clothes put away before they wear them again! I totally need to do some regular pages - I am going to Vegas this week for a digital scrapbook retreat and going to do some serious scrapping (I hope anyway!).

    Thanks for linking up with me this week (and every week!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did read that was the way I get a tiny bit of order when everything else is spinning out of control and in utter chaos, right? I don't live with that kind of order throughout my house (though I do think it would be lovely, and slightly neurotic at the same time!) I would die if anyone saw my kitchen at this very moment!

      I hope you have a FABULOUS time at the digital scrapbook retreat! I am SO jealous. I look forward to all the lovely things you will have to share on your return!!!

      Delete
  10. Great pages. I had to laugh about your kitchen comment to Krisi. I feel like that too! The rest of the house can be falling down around me, but LOOK! This one cabinet is TOTALLY ORGANIZED! Yay ME!

    Your pages are great! When you say traditional - do you mean traditional pages done digitally or paper? Just curious...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By traditionally I do mean digitally, just without my personal restraints that I've given myself for PL. I've been sticking with the same colors and basic framework. I think I'm looking to mix it up a bit :)

      Delete
  11. great job on your pages. love the book snapshot.

    http://melaniebritt.blogspot.com/2012/03/project-life-week-eleven.html

    ReplyDelete