Friday, March 9, 2012

Project Life | Week Nine

I am trying to plod away. This morning I decided to work on Project Life, since it's one of the areas I'm behind. And though there isn't as much creativity in the week's layouts I am happy to have it done and ready to move forward. Sometimes it's just about documenting and moving forward. Every week doesn't always allow enough time to be creative. This week unfolded like that.

So here it is...



My favorite part of this page is the photo of Gracie sprawled out on the little bench in front of the window. It is indicative of how I have felt this week. Tired. Just tired and wanting to hide my head under a couple of pillows.


In this layout I loved the picture of the road sign because it was our first day to have to meet the bus at the snow route location. That meant having all three kids hike down the road in the snow. It was a bit of an adventure and their attitudes were very good. But I am so thankful we don't have to do that everyday to catch the bus. (I removed the street names for obvious reasons.)

This week we celebrated Mercy's second spiritual birthday. We pretty much do a cake (no gifts), but it's so fun to talk about what it means that we've asked Jesus into our heart.



This week I decided to do an extra insert. I was hesitant, because it means I have to order specialized page protectors, but I really like the idea. And this week was a big deal because Gracie asked Jesus into her heart and I wanted to mark what a big deal that is to us. It's huge!

"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only son, that whoever should believe in Him should not perish, but have eternal life." John 3:16

Cami

Once again I am Linking up (though late) this week at:

3 comments:

  1. I just love the photos of Gracie hiding under the pillows...and like you said...somedays we'd all like to do that ;} I hear you on the pressure to "be creative" every week for Project Life...I feel it a lot and so then I try not to compare myself and remember what is really the point of our albums...to document with photos and our words. It doesn't matter if we hand write or use typed words...or fancy papers, etc. It's all about our families and telling our stories for where we are right now. I love the extra insert that you are adding for Gracie's story with Jesus...very important. If you don't want to order special size pages...think about simply mounting it onto paper and inserting it into a regular page protector...or simply try cutting it down to size and adding tapes or sewing the raw edges. Just a thought! Have a wonderful week. Fondly, Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pages!
    That is so wonderful about Gracie asking Jesus into her heart! Love how you included it! SO special and wonderful! Love how you celebrate their spiritual birthdays, too. So sweet and beautiful! :) Thank you for linking up on my blog! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that long photo on your first LO, that's awesome! Your daughter is so sweet and how amazing for her to ask Jesus into her heart, that's so exciting :)

    ReplyDelete