Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter | A Different Year for Us



As a Christian Easter is arguable the most significant event that we celebrate. I struggle with Easter a bit because it gets lumped into the holiday category. Holidays are hard for me. For someone who is a natural home-body and thrives best at home, holidays have a stress that my husband knows doesn't help me be my best self. But it isn't about me.

This year sickness had run rampant through our household. Daniel had a fever the night before and celebrating Easter as we would traditionally wasn't to happen. Eric was running sound for the church celebration, so we didn't see him until mid-afternoon. But my brother came over and we got to be with him, which was extra special.

We did manage to sneak in a little egg hunt and the kids were so incredibly excited. Simple pleasures....