Friday, June 15, 2012

Me | Right Now

  • Happy to put Daniel and Mercy on the bus for their last day of first grade and kindergarten, respectively. Ready to embrace an intentional summer together.
  • Watching God put together an amazing group of women to work with for Preschool VBS, which starts in just over four weeks.
  • Fifteen pounds up from my Weight Watchers goal. The last six months food has been an unhealthy personal power and control issue. Seem unable to make my weight enough of a priority to make any progress back to my goal.
  • Seeing huge improvement in Gracie's potty training. She's proud to be in undies now for nearly a month with very, very few accidents.
  • Aware that this season with my kids is my favorite one so far.
  • Thankful that I have made Project Life a priority over a clean house. Currently caught up. And content with the trade off I've had to make, but not wanting anyone to stop by at this very moment. Maybe if they do I can hand them my Project Life scrapbook and tell them to look at what I have been doing instead of cleaning my house.
  • Loving the cuteness of kittens while not loving the mess they make. Understanding why pet deposits when renting are so high. Thankful we own our home. But our laundry room will never be the same. Wouldn't trade getting to watch the kittens grow.
  • Listening to Third Day's You Are So Good to Me and remembering how the first time I heard it Pastor Brent was introducing it at church and how even that first time hearing it, it resonated with the very core of who God has made me to be.
  • Looking forward to celebrating my brother's 40th birthday, my dad's 64th birthday, and Father's Day in one Cook family dinner tomorrow night.
  • Loving that my husband loves to try new things like making a beef brisket on our charcoal barbecue.
  • Hopeful that the days ahead will bring more sunshine and less rain.
  • Thankful that I have significantly thinned down the number of blogs to which I subscribe.
  • Thinking about the huge stack of schoolwork to sort through, scan samplings of, and purge of Daniel's and Mercy's. Decidedly not stressing about when it gets done.
  • Putting off cleaning my shower one more day since it's my least favorite chore. My shower shows it.
  • Loving fridays when our Box of Good from Klesick Family Farm arrives.
  • Finding more and more grey hairs. Not caring today, even though it does make me feel old. Realizing old doesn't feel terrible, at least not today. Perhaps tomorrow it might seem like a terrible thing, but today I'm okay with it.
  • Thinking about how much I love it when someone tells me I am a lot like my dad or my mom. Wondering how my kids will feel when they are told something similar years from now.
  • So ready for SUMMER!
Cami

"This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."
     Psalm 118:24