Sunday, June 10, 2012

Project Life | Week Twenty-Three

It feels so good to be on top of Project Life again. Granted there are many other areas of life right now that I am falling behind in...



Those photos are just to keep it real. Some of you are thinking, "Can she even function in that clutter?" The answer is, not too well. But here is the truth of it... Everybody is allotted the same amount of time in any 24 hour given period. We can all only do so much. If we choose to get caught up in one area it is usually at a price to some other area for which we are responsible. I try to remember that when someone I'm working with on a project is either way more on top of it (or less on top of it) than I am. We both have other factors in our lives needing our attention and so we make choices. The goal really is about choosing wisely. We are foolish to try and assess someone else's choices. It's difficult enough work to assess our own choices when we know all the variables. Right?

It's a shame that sometimes we care so much more about the things that are seen, rather than the things that are unseen. I struggle to not only remember that God cares more that I make time to spend at His feet, than if I make time to get the kitchen counters cleared off and the dishes cleaned up after dinner. Other people see the kitchen counters. I might think that nobody else really sees if I spent time with God today. And we think far too much about image management, rather than soul formation.

I'm running down a bunny trail here now. Sorry. Really, I meant only to post my Project Life pages. But it was a lesson I was reminded of this week when I snapped some unflattering pictures of our house. So often I'd rather tolerate a spiritual mess in favor of a house in order, because I think I can hide the spiritual mess. But back to the pages I meant to show you. So, here they are, side by side, once again...



And up close and personal...



It was a wonderful week of mess and order, friends and laughter, loving and bickering, playing and working. Good stuff. A week of making choices. Next week will be more of the same beautiful little life choices that shape who we are in very big ways.

Cami

"Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth.
     Worship the Lord with gladness;
     come before him with joyful songs.
 Know that the Lord is God.
 It is he who made us, and we are his;
     we are his people, the sheep of his pasture."
Psalm 100:1-3