Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Me | Varying Degrees of Done

This is probably the longest I've gone without posting to the blog since I got into the blogging habit. It's been a refreshing break. And I'm exhausted from the delight of living overextended. My hubby told me once about how good it feels to work really, really hard, and to fall into bed utterly exhausted. I remember nodding my head in agreement (because I thought I should), but thinking, "Sure, maybe for you, but, me, no thanks. Not my idea of a good time."


There are two bags still unpacked from the MOPS Leadership Planning Retreat sitting to my right. There is a basket of VBS leftover stuff to be redistributed throughout my house at the foot of my bed, next to a fushia hard cover suitcase prop that my Mercy is going to love that I bought to keep instead of reimbursing and leaving for the church's use. I have a drawer stuffed full of receipts that need to be entered from the last month of household expenses. I have an "in bin" that has three times the amount of mail that it was made to hold. But it's strategically stacked so that it hasn't fallen over, yet. I have Spiritual Parenting worksheets spread out on the dining room table, leftover from Eric's and my doing our homework for tomorrow night's class. I am behind five weeks on Project Life, my weekly digital scrapbooking project. I have a stack of notes and papers that were used yesterday when I spent most of the day planning for a MOPS Discussion Group and Mentor Training Mini-Retreat. I have an extra few pounds on the scale the reassures me that being busy isn't enough to keep me from eating salty and sweet and fatty foods, and soda, too much soda.


And it matters very little because you're reminded how life can stop, stand still, while you catch the brevity of it all in one quick breath that gets caught in your throat and you think, God, it really is only about you. Nothing else matters. At. All.


The bags, baskets, stacks, and scattered papers for one fleeting moment take their rightful place. You choose to not pull out the tub of play dough for the kids, but for yourself and smile when they join you in making balls and hearts and butterflies. And not once do you think about taking a photo to post on the blog.


cami


And our family has been intentionally dwelling on:
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law." Galatians 5:22-23

1 comment:

  1. I FINALLY emptied my scattered containers today! All week we have been resting and being very intentional to slow down and PLAY. Please tell me your homemade play dough had glitter in it? LOVE THIS POST! :)

    ReplyDelete