Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Pinned and Tried Tuesday | Yummy Looking Recipe

I was totally caught this weekend, by my husband. I was on Pinterest, wandering, and he asks me, "So you pin stuff, but do you ever do anything you pin?" Umm. Awkward silence.

I'm guilty. I pin a lot. Way more than I could ever dream of looking at again, let alone actually do. But it's almost like a reflex... it's cute... click... it's pinned... repeat.

One more place in my world that I need to de-clutter. Can I get an Amen?

The wealth of ideas out there is so abundant that I really never need to come up with my own idea again. There is plenty of creativity out there... and really I just need to spend less time looking and more time doing. So IF I've actually done anything I've pinned that week I'll try to post them, just for fun and a little self-motivation to actually do.



This weekend my in-laws came over for Family Game Night. Most recently that's been Sunday evenings. We always have nachos because Sunday Noon Dinner is usually big and nachos is a kid pleaser in our family. And we play games. Last night it was Yahtzee.


Since the in-laws were coming I thought dessert was a good idea. So I wandered Pinterest and found this one: Mud Hen Bars. It met the two requirements: it looks good and I had all the ingredients in my pantry.

The verdict: I thought it was too sweet, but I was the only one. The kids licked their plates clean. Essentially it's s'more meets cookie. So perfect for Summer fun without the campfire. Simple ingredients that you're likely to already have in your pantry. And it was easy enough to make that the girls helped me. And as an added note, they're even better the next day. Just saying.




And what evening wouldn't be complete with Grandpa Bill and Grandma Grete without the kids begging them to read them a stack of books. I am not sure they have ever said no.

Cami

"How sweet are your words to my taste,
   sweeter than honey to my mouth!"
Psalm 119:103