Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Pinned & Tried Tuesday | Chocolate Chip Granola Bars

This has not been a lazy week, not in the least. I am behind on many things. Today, after a good day of work, Eric took Daniel off fishing with Uncle Brian (really Eric's cousin, but second cousin is confusing to explain, so we have the kids call our cousins "Uncle" which in the long run will probably confuse them more, but it's easier in the moment).


I decided to make something yummy, since I just packed them sandwiches and sent them off. The girls had a foot spa treatment and painted toes and homemade pizza.  But back to sweet...


Found this on Pinterest...




Modified with what I had in our cupboard (Rice Chex cereal instead of Rice Crispy cereal and regular chocolate chips, instead of mini ones).


I'll be doing this one again, and again, and again. Hate that you have to wait an hour before you cut them. I even put them in the refrigerator to speed it up. Because I didn't wait long enough they didn't stick together too well, but that's the consequence of impatience.


Try them. You'll love them. I love that I know exactly what's going into them.


You could totally make them healthier by replacing the chocolate chips with craisons. Oh think, yummy white chocolate chips with craisons. But I didn't make them healthier.


Cami


"Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever;
     wisdom and power are his."
Daniel 2:20